Welcome to our vibrant Youth Ministry program at St. Raymond Church! We have so many fun things going on this year so please check in on this page often.This weeks’s news…
Children’s Mass Sunday April 12th
Thank you to all of the students that participated in the student’s Mass this past Sunday.
I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone by! We only have two more classes left this year. We have class this Sunday, April 12th, followed by our children’s Mass and then our last class on May 17th. We do not have class for the next two weeks because of Spring break, no class on Mother’s Day ;), and then we have our retreat on May 2nd and will not have class the following day.
We still have a bunch of things that need attention and I will outline them and if you can provide any outstanding information by this Friday, April 10th that would be greatly appreciated.
1. The last class we will be walking through the Confirmation Mass with Sr. Ann from St. Raymond’s School so please make sure your child attends on Sunday, May 17th from 9:00am-10:00am in the church. We have two students from Nativity that will be receiving their Sacrament with our class and I invite both Caroline Cronin and Alexandra Polverari to join us.
2. The Confirmation rehearsal with sponsors is Tuesday, May 19th at 6:00pm in the Church.
3. Confirmation Mass is Wednesday, May 20th at 6:00pm. Students and Sponsors need to be in the Rose Garden outside of Church to meet with the Bishop at 5:30pm and will begin to line up at 5:45pm to process. There will be a catered reception to follow in the Parish Center. Can you please advise how many family members and friends will be attending for planning purposes?
4. If I do not have your Baptismal certificate can you please email it to me?
5. Retreat information: My students please confirm that your child will be attending the retreat on Saturday, May 2nd from 9:00am-4:30pm if you haven’t done so already (most of you have contacted me thank you) and I need the parent’s letter to your children in a sealed envelope telling them about your wishes for them along their journey in faith to be presented at the retreat by this Sunday. The retreat will begin at the Vallombrosa Center located at 250 Oak Grove Avenue, Menlo Park and pick up is at 33 Irving Avenue, Atherton at 4:30pm. The retreat will begin with a talk on “Angels and Demons” from Father Nathan Castle, OP who is a Dominican Priest and author of And Toto, Too:The Wizard of Oz as a Spiritual Adventure, followed by lunch, a lesson and activity with Faye Villaroman who is a Stanford graduate, works at Microsoft, and has been advising and guiding our students throughout the past year through prayer and music, then a private Mass in the Chapel with Father Christopher. We will then shuttle the students to 33 Irving Avenue for a moving spiritual musical performance. Pick up is at 4:30pm at 33 Irving Avenue, Atherton. If your child cannot attend the entire day (which is recommended) please have them come for a portion of the day.
6. Please email me a head shot of your child.
7. Confirmation names and sponsor names are past due so please email me if you have not done so already. We are 90% complete and I need to have name tags and the program printed for not only our students but for Sacred Heart and St. Raymond’s School and need everyone’s information before I can proceed.
8. Bike drive collection is this Sunday so if you have any slightly used bikes to donate please bring them to class this Sunday. Any size.
9. The San Fransisco Archdiocese instructed us that the Confirmandi (students receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation) cannot read the Readings at the Confirmation Mass so I need my “Confirmation graduates” to read at the Confirmation Mass. Please email me if you would like the honor.
10. I need two volunteers to read at our final children’s Mass of the year this Sunday at the 10:00am Mass and four children to bring up the gifts. Please email me and if your child is reading I will email you the Readings prior to Sunday to practice.
Thank you very much in advance for getting the above information to me asap.
Peace and grace-
Pastoral Assistant for Development &
Confirmation/ Youth Coordinator
You are invited to the following event:
XLT MID-PENINSULA ENCOUNTER
Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 from 6:15 PM to 8:30 PM (PST)
Sacred Heart School
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Church of the Nativity, St. Raymond’s and St. Denis are excited to present the second of our XLT-Mid-Peninsula with series with a talk by a Stanford student on “Does Faith Matter After High School”, on Wednesday, January 28, to be held at Sacred Heart School for youth (6th grade thru college). What is XLT? XLT (“exalt”) is an event where teens from different
Catholic parishes come together to…
We hope you can make it!
Church of the Nativity, St. Raymond, and St. Denis Youth Ministries
Take Me to Church-Listen to the Children’s Voices
The Youth Mass which we are now calling “Take Me to Church” was beautiful this past Sunday and I want to especially thank Laura Kirk and Sarah Hewitt for proclaiming the Word of the Lord with such reverance and grace.
XLT Mid-Pennisula Teen Event October 22nd was a huge SUCCESS
Take Me to Church-Listen to Our Children’s Voices
Our Confirmation class will be participating at the 10:00am Mass the 2nd Sunday of every month and I am so excited to say that we had over 11 children attend the training class with Deacon Charles this past Saturday! This is such an honor for our youmg adults. I am looking forward to seeing all of you Sunday, November 9th at 10:00am.
World Youth Day 2016
World Youth Day (WYD) is a worldwide encounter with the Pope which is typically celebrated every three years in a different country. The most recent WYD was celebrated in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from July 23rd to 28th, 2013 and the next World Youth Day will be held in Krakow, Poland in 2016.
WYD is open to all young people who want to take part in a festive encounter with their contemporaries centered on Jesus Christ. This event is an opportunity to experience in first person the universality of the Church; to share with the whole world the hope of many young people who want to commit themselves to Christ and others. World Youth Day is a unique way to deepen your faith and grow closer to Christ, by means of prayer and the sacraments, together with thousands of other young people who share your interests and ambitions.
The Compassion Games-Survival of the kindest!
Thank you to all of our Confirmation students who participated in teaching the young CFI children about the importance of random acts of kindness, giving without receiving, and assisting the children in learning how to make crafts to show our neighbors how much God loves love them.
Friend request us here to see more fun pictures from St. Raymond’s Church.