In October 1990, the St. Raymond Homeless Family Fund was created out of the work of a small group Renew program.
The fund assists homeless or at risk families to accumulate enough money for first and last month’s rental and security deposit. Funds are also used to help prevent eviction when a financial crisis arises and a family is temporarily unable to pay their rent. The fund does not pay utility or medical bills.. The fund manager deals directly with referrals made by local social service agencies and provides funds directly to the landlord or referral agency and follows these guidelines:
- The priority is families. Under special circumstances, individuals and couples are helped.
- The family will have ongoing contact with the referring Agency.
- The case manager is providing budget counseling, if appropriate.
- The case manager feels that the money would make a difference—that is, the family has the ability to maintain housing.
- There is no dollar limit on a request.
- The money is given as a gift, not a loan.
Donations can be made to “St. Raymond Homeless Family Fund” which can be made on-line, dropped off at the Parish Office or put directly in the Sunday collection baskets. For more general information please contact Sally Caesario through the Parish Office at 650-323-1755.